Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
abadfish66 Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:24:32 AM(UTC)

Sounds like your high voltage transformer has a short to ground
nc4362 Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:50:46 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Is there a loud buzzing noise when you hit start and before the breaker trips? Your either going to be looking at a weak house breaker, or a shorted transformer in your microwave. Run an extension cord from the microwave to a different outlet and see if it trips that breaker, if it does your transformer is bad. Only run the micro on the extension cord for a short time, 10-15 seconds, as the added resistance in the extension cord will trip the breaker as well.

I already tried running the Microwave using the extension cord to a different outlet, it also trips the breaker on that outlet. I did not notice a loud buzzing noise before the breaker trips.
abadfish66 Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:40:13 AM(UTC)

Is there a loud buzzing noise when you hit start and before the breaker trips? Your either going to be looking at a weak house breaker, or a shorted transformer in your microwave. Run an extension cord from the microwave to a different outlet and see if it trips that breaker, if it does your transformer is bad. Only run the micro on the extension cord for a short time, 10-15 seconds, as the added resistance in the extension cord will trip the breaker as well.
nc4362 Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:27:55 AM(UTC)

The circuit breaker trips everytime the microwave model #GE JVM1650CH01 is turned on to cook. All other features works, i.e. lights, vents, clock.