Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
clagrow Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2024 11:50:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the help, that is what I was afraid of. At this point, I'll just replace it. It was a really nice microwave, hate to pitch it but, sounds like the best option right now.
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2024 11:43:36 AM(UTC)

With the microwave unplugged for about 10 minutes, the magnetron will need to be removed and the filament in the antenna will need to be checked. It may be burned out and if that is the case, the magnetron will need to be replaced.
clagrow Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2024 10:34:32 AM(UTC)

Yes, it sounds like it should be heating. Plate is turning, light is on etc.
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2024 8:27:01 AM(UTC)

Clagrow, the switches are wired up properly based on the information you have provided. When the microwave is in a cooking cycle, does it create the normal hum that would be heard when it did heat?
clagrow Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2024 6:28:45 AM(UTC)

My microwave stopped working in the middle of a short cooking cycle. I checked the fuses and they were good, but I replaced them anyway. I tried a new control board and still did not turn on. I replaced the door switches with all new ones but think I may have gotten them mixed up. Does anyone know which ones are supposed to be normally open and which should be normally closed? I found a loose power connector that goes to the board with the fuses and got it to turn back on and seem to work fine...the issue now is that it won't heat up. All other functions seem to work. I think I may have the switches in the wrong place for the door. I currently have the following setup....
Top switch = Normally open with Orange and Orange wires
Middle switch = Normally closed with Red and Black wires
Bottom switch = Normally Open with Black and Black wires