Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Skostele Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:33:30 AM(UTC)

Steve, my G2 is doing the exact same thing as yours. There is a small buzz like sound before the reset. I am also at a loss, anyone have ideas?
stevm Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:49:40 AM(UTC)

I, too, have an issue with this model, and could use some help.
First, I'd like to give a big thanks to denman for providing the tech sheet.

My problem doesn't seem covered in the tech sheet. My unit will occasionally shut-off, followed by what I call a 'reset'. The shut-down always starts at the beginning of a heating command (i.e., a Jet Cook button press). Immediately following the button press the unit looses all power (the display goes blank, all lights go off). After a couple seconds, the Whirlpool logo is displayed on the menu screen followed by a series of beeps. These beeps seem to be in the form of an error code, similar to the beeps a computer might make upon start- up after a hard error.
After this shut-down & reset, the microwave can then be used normally.
Any ideas? Without having inside knowledge, this is a real head scratcher. I need help.
Thanks!
steve
c-peter5 Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:03:11 PM(UTC)

I had a machine that would just fill, agitate, then stop - it was the lid switch.
michaellawre Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 6:07:45 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all of your help!
Michael
denman Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 5:48:07 AM(UTC)

Sorry I am not very good at washing machines but there are a couple people in the washing machine forum that know their stuff.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
michaellawre Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:51:25 PM(UTC)

Well, I got lucky! As we were getting ready to do the checks you suggested, we popped out the 20Wattt fuse and tested it. At first it seemed to be bad, but then tested good. I put it back in and everything powered up!

Just to be safe, I bought a couple of new ones and put one in and put the others in a pill bottle, marked it and put it above the microwave in the cabinet where it plugs into the wall.

Thank you for the schematics and diagrams ~ I will print them out and keep them where I can find them in case I have a problem in the future!

Do you know anything about Whirlpool Washing Machines? Mine won't drain, spin or rinse. I tried a new Timer Switch (Part #3953321) but that has not changed anything. Not sure where to turn from here... Any suggestions you can provide would be helpful!

Again, thank you for your help!
Michael
michaellawre Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 6:13:31 AM(UTC)

Thank you, I will let you know how I make out!
Michael
denman Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 11:53:37 AM(UTC)

I would start by tracing back the Neutral as it has 3 thermostats and a interlock in it.

Be very very careful when working on a microwave as you are dealing with lethal voltages in the unit.
michaellawre Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 5:22:40 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the schematic! Do you have any idea where I should start with this problem?
Again, thank you for your help!
Michael
denman Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 2:07:15 AM(UTC)

See the attachment for the tech sheet.