Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kbrunson Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 5:29:37 PM(UTC)

Same issue. Microwave started making a terrible buzzing noise. After researching online, I found this thread. Suspected capacitor C01 as djman said. Ordered the part from an online from Parts-Express, bought a cheap soldering iron kit, removed the old capacitor, and soldered in the new one. VOILA, it now works!

I hope someone else finds this useful. I have never soldered anything before and I had no issues, although I read up on it and watched a few YouTube vids first.

Cheers.
marlin100 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:39:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: djman Go to Quoted Post
check cap. C01 220uf 50 volt
cap. opens allowing ac on the 24 volt dc contacts.
the noise you hear is contact chatter.

The capacitor and the burned 30k 1/4w resistor did the trick. Like new.

This must be a defect with this model board. Can't imagine how many went into the trash b/c the board is $150 over $4.00 in parts.

FANTASTIC!!!
veeman5 Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:16:55 PM(UTC)

All I can is thank you. I purchased a capacitor online and replaced it in 10 minutes. Can't believe it completely addressed this issue.
skipatrol007 Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:58:57 PM(UTC)

Thanks a lot, djman!

I had the same/similar problem - buzzing sound when the door opened, or any cooking function was selected, plus the table did not turn. Replaced C01 (220uf 50 V) and the microwave works like new.
chas365 Posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 3:46:15 PM(UTC)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, djman! I'm so glad I found this post. I would have been buying a new microwave otherwise. I got double-lucky and found an electronics distribution center in Springfield, OH (just a bit up the road). In a few hours I had the new cap installed and the microwave works great again!
5_guy Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:29:55 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the info
jd49 Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:01:23 PM(UTC)

Hope this works for you. I was so lucky to find this post.

I got a dozen CAPs cheap on the site where you can bid for anything:cool:.
Find C1 written on the printer circuit board. You will see the size and the specs 220uf 50 volt written on the side. Using a soldering iron, heat each connection to pop each off the board. Put a new one in the same holes - make sure you get - & + wires in right holes - and re-solder.
5_guy Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:21:07 PM(UTC)

Since I stumbled across this Forum as my GE Spacemaker XL1800 is doing the exact same thing (buzzing sound, seems as if there not enough electricity) can someone point me in the direction as to where I can buy this C01 cap? As well as how to replace it since this seems to be the issue?

Thanks in advance
jd49 Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:48:06 PM(UTC)

C01 cap replacement that is. Got a dozen on ******** for $8.00 free shipping.
Received them two days later. Popped it in - Works like new.

Looks like this was your only post ! ! !

You are the DJMan ! ! !
djman Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:18:03 PM(UTC)

check cap. C01 220uf 50 volt
cap. opens allowing ac on the 24 volt dc contacts.
the noise you hear is contact chatter.