Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Tdinatl Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 5:28:45 PM(UTC)

abadfish66, Great help. Looked on line and it appears that GE has a real issue with this. Now, as an engineer (chemical) I feel confident that if I get the part I can replace it. But am I in over my head? What would you guess the labor would be? The Ge part looks to be $140+, I have found the Samsung exact match, for $60. I relieve you of all liability here. I just think I can, but if I install it wrong, am I going to be exposing my family to microwaves. Just want your thoghts on this. I would say my level is above average on repair things in general, refrigerators, furnaces, etc.
abadfish66 Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 7:59:17 AM(UTC)

Chris, remove the top grill of the microwave, then remove the 1 screw at the top of the control panel. push up on the control panel to unlock it and let it come forward. Try cooking something and see if the problem is the same, or if it goes away. If it is the same the board is bad, if it goes away, you may also have a leaky magtube
abadfish66 Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 7:56:21 AM(UTC)

Chris, it sure sounds like you have a bad board. If everything works just fine, that would be my guess. Now TDinatl, your problem is your magnetron tube is leaking RF. After pressing start the magnetron tube comes on 2-3 seconds later, and when that RF (radio frequency) from the leaky mag tube hits the board it shuts down. So you need to replace the magnetron tube.
Tdinatl Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 7:14:21 AM(UTC)

Similar issue, my runs for 2 seconds every time, then acts as if you unplug it as well. Asking to reset the clock. I can reset the clock, input heating time, but when it starts it runs only for 2 seconds, and reboots. Overload? And installed in 2006.
chrisapiccola Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 7:06:39 AM(UTC)

have to reset clock after each operation. also does not beep when finish just shut down at end of time like you unplug it.