Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kellycross Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:29:03 AM(UTC)

Contact the professionals .
unknownsoldierx Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:33:34 AM(UTC)

I have a house humidifier that has been out of use for quite a long time. Nobody remembers why it stopped working. The electrical wires are disconnected.

A few years ago, the saddle valve leaked so I disconnected it and fixed the pipe from the water heater. Now I'd like to get the humidifier working again, but I'd like to make sure it will work before I go through the trouble of hooking it up. In place of a saddle valve, I plan to insert a tee and a multi-turn angle valve.

I've tested the wires coming from the furnace and it is putting out 24VAC. I touch the wires to the solenoid and I can hear it click. The fan turns on when it is plugged in. I'm not sure what else to check.

Perhaps the supply line or saddle valve got clogged up from hard water? Are the wick filters on these reusable, or do I need to replace it?