Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 4:24:12 AM(UTC)

This is the timer for your dryer.

Whirlpool WPW10436303 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Before you replace it, have you checked the voltage to your dryer?

A dryer can run on 120 volts, but it needs 240 volts to heat.

The circuit could be bad. You could have a bad fuse or breaker. You could have a bad cord or a bad connection inside the dryer.

If you are sure you have 240 volts to the dryer, then its probably the timer.
HnRmom Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2017 2:08:42 PM(UTC)

I think that the timer is probably the problem, do you know where to purchase one and also do you have a video of you replacing one? Thank you for the advice!
manfred63 Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2017 12:03:08 PM(UTC)

This dryer style, made by Whirlpool, has a timer that commonly burns out a connection that causes the dryer to no longer have heat. Here is a link to my video showing how to do a temporary repair, but it is best to replace it with a new one if it is bad https://youtu.be/Ycoo36cK6ng

Take yours apart to see if that contact is burnt out, and use an ohm meter to see if there is continuity between those terminals that burn out. Since you have replaced everything else, this is likely the problem, but always test to be sure before spending money on expensive parts!

Ken's Appliance Repair
HnRmom Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:09:54 PM(UTC)

I have an Amana dryer that I have replaced the element, thermal fuse, and the 3 thermostats in it and still have no heat! Please help on what it could be