Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
NYMountainair Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 7:17:40 AM(UTC)

Purchased and installed valve coil kit. dryer working again. It was fun trying to figure out how to get to the gas burner valve though. Had to figure out how to take the whole front of the dryer apart to get to the coils.
brobriffin Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 6:22:33 AM(UTC)

Your part can be found here as well as a video of the repair. Whirlpool 279834 Dryer Gas Valve Coil Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com
NYMountainair Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 7:29:27 PM(UTC)

dryer heats for approximately 4 minutes then stops heating. When first starting the dryer I get 0 volts ac across the flame sensor switch (closed), igniter glows and flame kicks on. after 4 minutes flame goes out and I have 118 volts ac across flame sensor switch(open). after about 1 minute I have 0 volts across the flame sensor switch, igniter glows but no flame. Ignitor glows for about 10 seconds then goes out and there is 118 volts across the flame sensor switch(open). this repeats approximately every minute after. I watched it do this three times before I shut the dryer off. I feel this is a problem with the burner system, possible coil? It looks like I have to take the front of the dryer off to get to the burner. How do I do that. Please help!