Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:28:21 PM(UTC)

From what you describe it is almost certain that you have an obstructed venting system. If it has worked ok in the past, clean it completely and you should be back in business.

It sounds like you have a vertical venting system, and these invariably will become obstructed. They must be cleaned regularly, for operating and safety reasons.

Good luck, hope that fixes it.
FDAR Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 3:25:07 PM(UTC)

I have an old GE dryer that works very well, but recently have problems drying anything complete. The dryer is cycling on and off and the element is working. I removed the back vent hose from the dryer and have extremely good hot airflow from the dryer. However when I hook the hose up to the wall vent the air flow is weak and the air is barely warm coming out and the top of the dryer gets very hot. Could there be a problem with the vent which runs up, across down and out......Any help greatly appreciated. This is in an older condo and the vent system has been routed this way forever. Thank you for the help.

Mike