Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Monday, June 3, 2024 11:05:10 AM(UTC)

I was given the above model gas dryer which is a model used in a commercial setting but it does not have a coin type operation. It uses a simple on/off button. I was told that it would not light off the gas or it would not stay lit if it did turn on. I took the covers off and found the flame sensor was damaged. I replaced it but found that the gas valve solenoids were not turning on and the 3 prong side solenoid was at fault. The solenoid was replaced and the unit is now operating properly. I have replaced these on gas dryers many times in the past and it is almost always the 3 prong type that malfunctions as compared to the other 2 prong item. I am not sure if the code numbers on the top of the coil mean the date of mfg or what but I have 3 of them with numbers such as 07-89 anther 03-96 and another 11203. Does anyone know the meaning of the code on these and does it really mean anything. ? The machine s/n is 1110025673. It is one of the smoothest running dryers I have run across in the last 10 years. If anyone has info on the solenoids I would appreciate any comments.