Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2021 4:42:44 AM(UTC)

Motors have a start and a run winding, To start the motor you need both. Once the motor is running, the start winding kicks out. That black box on the motor controls the start up. If it goes bad or the motors centrifugal part sicks,you have problems like you have. Usually the motor needs replaced.
jeffowentn Posted: Friday, December 24, 2021 6:29:19 PM(UTC)

We have a dryer that was not tumbling. We turn on the dryer, choose the settings, and then press start. We would just hear a humming sound but the drum would not turn. We could open the door, manually rotate the drum, and then it would generally start fine. I had already replaced the drum belt, idler tensioner pulley, and the four rollers, in an attempt to address this issue. I am not certain what to test on the control board(s), but I tested the idler switch (good), the relay to the blower / motor (good), and the 5 and 4 connections to the motor (good, I think). When I tested the 4 and 5 connections, initially, I got something like 3.7 ohms, then pressed the centrifugal relay switch and got the same ohms reading. Once I released the relay switch, then the ohms went to the expected 1.7 ohms or so. Is this the reason the drum won't turn, or is this not an issue? What else can I test to know what part(s) to buy to fix this issue? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, and have a blessed day!