Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
colbey Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:13:12 AM(UTC)

here's my old thread from a couple years ago:
http://forum.appliancepartspros...2-intermittent-heat.html

sounds like it might be the same. i'm surprised one of the experts here hasn't responded already to you. (i'm out here looking for stuff for my sister--Roper dryer, which is still a Whirlpool.)

seriously, there are so many threads here on Whirlpool dryers with no or intermittent heat. you'll almost certainly find your answer here.

-colbey
Bob Castles Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 1:26:44 PM(UTC)

This dryer is malfunctioning and I haven't been able to pin down the cause. The first symptom was that the Auto-Dry cycle failed to work. It never shut down. When I finally intervened after about 8 hours, the load was warm but still damp. I started looking into the mechanism of this cycle and was only able to find stuff about dryers that use conductivity sensors located in the air path. I've been over the possible locations for such a device and there doesn't seem to be one. So my first question is: how does this dryer know to shut off?