Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
thorning Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2016 5:01:33 AM(UTC)

I am at a loss to suggest something more. The basics are apparently all OK ---electrical power is present to turn on the dryer , the timer is able to supply power to the drum to rotate it, the t-stats and thermal fuse are working by testing for continuity, the igniter is glowing red hot, the solenoids are being activated as evidenced by a clicking noise to allow gas flow into the burner when the igniter turns off, you said you smell gas in the burner area, but no flame. Is there any chance you have a problem with the gas flow into the dryer from the supply line ? About the only thing you did not mention is the flame sensor. However if that was not working the solenoids would not click on. I have worked on this model of Maytag dryer many times and they are very easy to diagnose problems. One thing I did find a few years ago which is not a specific problem to this model was a large wad of pipe sealant inside the line on the back end of the dryer. It had just about choked off the gas supply coming in to the valve. If I was closer I would offer to help to help solve this problem but I live in central Illinois and I am sure you do not live nearby.
Kate123 Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2016 1:35:03 AM(UTC)

Was told the gas valve was bad. Put new one on still doesn't work. Can't think of anything I missed. Any body have any suggestions
Kate123 Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 2:00:04 PM(UTC)

Called the repairman he said it sounds like the gas valve So I will order one of those and hope that fixes the problem
cbmserviceguy Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 5:00:44 AM(UTC)

It sounds like the ignitor is bad. Use an amp meter and check the amp draw of the ignitor by clamping the meter around one of the leads to the ignitor. If the ignitor does not draw the proper amps, it will not open the gas valve. If it's getting close, but not quite, it will sometimes allow gas to seep thru the valve a bit but not ignite, which explains the smell. Hope this helps!
Kate123 Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 3:13:09 AM(UTC)

Drum turns fine.
thorning Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:57:02 AM(UTC)

Best to wait for a repairman to diagnose the problem . Sounds like you have already checked all the basics. I think you mentioned this in an earlier post but does the drum turn OK when the start button is pushed ? It still sounds to me like the burner is not allowing gas to flow thru.
Kate123 Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:36:36 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Kate123 Go to Quoted Post
Calling repair man tomorrow will let you know what the problem is. Called repairman he told me to change the coils again still doesn't work. Any suggestions ?
Kate123 Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2016 1:01:39 PM(UTC)

Calling repair man tomorrow will let you know what the problem is
thorning Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2016 5:18:45 AM(UTC)

If you smell gas when you push the start button something is wrong. Dont do anything foolish as you should not smell unburned gas at all if the igniter is working. Turn the gas off at the supply valve to check the igniter. If it is working it will glow red hot and then turn off and as it does you will hear the solenoids click to open the valve and allow gas to flow .
Kate123 Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2016 4:36:27 AM(UTC)

It's getting gas because I could smell it when I turned dryer on. Going to check igniter to see if that's bad