Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:39:27 AM(UTC)

You need to be more detailed and specific with your question.

Eric
Roccohealy Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:41:38 AM(UTC)

I am confused between the terminals. I have tried using this method i.e Unplug red wire from R terminal and plug that red wire into the BK terminal without using the timer. But still it was giving an error. So, is it compulsory to set the timer always?
---------------
airdexinc.com
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:21:26 AM(UTC)

Timer failures are fairly common and this is a very old model. Timer is no longer available unless you can find a used one if it turns out to be the problem.

To rule the timer out. Unplug dryer, unplug wire at timer BK terminal that goes to the timer motor. Unplug red wire from R terminal and plug that red wire into the BK terminal. Plug dryer back in and try it. If it still won't heat, timer is not the problem.

Eric
Replacedeverythingindryer Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:49:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Thermal fuse is in motor circuit, has no affect on heat. Problem could be bad timer, thermal cutoff, faulty motor switch, faulty connection at cord connection block...etc. Need to troubleshoot with your multimeter.

Eric

Actually did the thermal cutoff as well. Sorry forgot that one. Yeah I found something a bit ago about the motor switch and timer ... (was told before that the timer was virtually never the problem?) It is a brand new cord.

Guess I will be testing the timer, and motor switch!!!! DAMN
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:52:53 PM(UTC)

Thermal fuse is in motor circuit, has no affect on heat. Problem could be bad timer, thermal cutoff, faulty motor switch, faulty connection at cord connection block...etc. Need to troubleshoot with your multimeter.

Eric
Replacedeverythingindryer Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:43:16 PM(UTC)

I also checked the outlet (we plugged in a different dryer no issues) and tested the thermal fuse with ohm meter and bypass methods???
Replacedeverythingindryer Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:17:26 PM(UTC)

ok, So as stated above, I have a dryer that won't heat, we replaced the coil first as that is the most common issue, then replaced the high limit, and cycling thermostat.

I am at my wits end with this, I can find nothing else that makes since please tell me there is something simple that I have missed?