Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jwahl16 Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:24:24 PM(UTC)

Hey I just wanted to follow up on this. Received my timer today and installed it in 10 minutes and the timer now works as it's supposed to. I just want to say thanks fairbank for your help and for saving me some money :)
jwahl16 Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:55:10 PM(UTC)

Ahh, good point. Definitely ordering a timer tomorrow. Hopefully that'll do the trick. Will update with results. Thanks for the help.
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:50:10 PM(UTC)

That's ridiculous. Another "tech" who doesn't have a clue. You wouldn't have cool down if you did it that way unless you did that manually as well. At the end of the cycle, the heat cuts off but drum keeps going for cool down. Wrinkle shield in the auto dry cycle wouldn't work either.

Eric
jwahl16 Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:40:14 PM(UTC)

Yeah, it still works fine, the timer just won't advance. The repairman actually recommended that i don't pay to get it fixed (would've cost like $350) and just set a timer on my phone and turn it off manually.
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:33:50 PM(UTC)

Does it still produce heat? If so, but timer won't advance in timed dry cycle then you may just need a timer. You can't say the thermostat is bad without testing it unless it's obviously blown apart or something.

Whirlpool W10185982 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
jwahl16 Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:23:07 PM(UTC)

My apartment was hit by lightning and now my 2 month old dryer's timer will not advance on any setting. I had a sears repairman come out to give me an estimate for the insurance company and he said it would need a timer and a thermostat. He didn't test and wires or the parts themselves.

I took a look at the timer and there are no burnt or broken wires. Do you think I'm ok just replacing the timer?

TIA