Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:57:58 PM(UTC)

If you don't have a clue on dryer repair, then you should call a tech. I would not run it like it is. An important safety device (thermal cutoff) has been bypassed. The temperature in the heater box has to get over 300° for that device to fail, so something is wrong. Simply taping the wires together is unacceptable! You may have excessive lint buildup in the dryer and/or in the exhaust ducting or some other problem affecting air flow.

Eric
Lloydj Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:11:42 PM(UTC)

My LER4634EQ1 whirlpool dryer keeps tripping my circuit breaker after running about7-8 minutes. Any thoughts on what could be happening? After consulting an online repair manual I am wondering if it is the Thermal Cut-Off and/or High Limit Thermostat. When taking off the back cover I noticed that the cut-off had been disconnected and the wires taped together (we got the machine used about two years ago). I really do not know what I am talking about though so I would appreciate any help you can offer!

Thank you!

Lloyd