Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
g0pherholer Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 7:30:40 AM(UTC)

Thank you sir. I'll keep digging.
denman Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:18:42 AM(UTC)

Sorry but I have no tech info on this unit.

When I look it up on AppliancePartsPros the first page for the parts in not correct.

I cannot even tell if the drum drive motor uses a capacitor though most do not.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
g0pherholer Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 9:11:15 AM(UTC)

Yes sir. With the drum out and interlocks made the drum motor will not run.
When I try to start it there is a high pitched whine for about 5 seconds before the blower motor starts.
I'm wondering if the capacitor is bad. Thus, creating the whining sound of the motor trying to start without the capacitor.
denman Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:46:34 AM(UTC)

If I understand your last post.
The motor will not run with the drum out of the unit and all interlocks closed.
Is this correct?

Does it make any noise at all?

You could check across it to see if you have 120 volts going to it.

Note that I do not have access to GE tech data so cannot give you test points.
g0pherholer Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:01:20 PM(UTC)

Knew i had forgotten something:) the model number is DPGT750EC1PL
The drum is out of the dryer right now. Everything has been put back in place except the drum and the top. all safeties are made including the broken belt switch.The drum motor turns freely by hand but will not run when starting a cycle or running the diagnostics.
denman Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:11:51 AM(UTC)

Sounds like you have a drum support problem.

A model number may help others help you!!!

There is not a clutch in the motor.
Always turn the drum in the correct direction.
Try turning the drum by hand. It should turn fairly easily. You may want to try this on a couple other units to get a feel for it.

If it turns OK then put some downward force on the drum and try it as it sounds like any weight in the drum is causing too much drag.

FYI: If the motor cannot start then it will overheat. It has an internal thermal protect that will trip, killing power to the motor. You then have to wait for the motor to cool down and the thermal protect to reset before it will try to start again.
g0pherholer Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:53:35 PM(UTC)

Anyone??????
g0pherholer Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:28:25 PM(UTC)

Humboldt, I am having the same problem as the original poster (op), except that I have 220 volts at the receptacle. My problem started out intermittently. Occasionally with 5 to 10 minutes from finishing it would stop tumbling. Now it won't tumble at all. When started it makes a whining noise and then the blower turns on, but still won't tumble. I checked everything I could think of and wound up buying a new tumbler motor. Installed it and waalaa it tumbled. Put a load of clothes in and it acted like the belt was slipping (drum not turning very fast). Then it quit turning all together. I stopped the cycle and tried to restart it and I heard the same whining noise and it still won't tumble. Took the clothes out and turned the drum by hand and heard a clicking noise if I spun it to fast. I think that is the clutch switch on the back of the motor. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ernie
HumboldtRepairMan Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:43:17 PM(UTC)

Hey no problem i'm a journeyman electrician so it comes natural to check the basics first.
Torey Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 7:34:50 PM(UTC)

Thank you HumboldtRepairMan! It was the breaker, one side must have tripped. Too bad I had to take the dryer apart to find this out though! I am happy it is not the dryer, it would have been much more expensive to fix.
Thanks again for your help!
Torey