Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:22:23 AM(UTC)

Is it too hot on all temperature settings?

You could check your exhaust temperatures, see page 9-5 in the manual.
Could be that the board is not controlling the temperature and it is being controlled by one of the high limit thermostats.

The thermostat will fail eventually as it's contacts are not made to continually turn the heater on/off.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jrnutpaul Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:48:34 AM(UTC)

Opps...I screwed up. Moving the tester to 20k on the ohm scale I got a reading of 5.84 so, yes 10,000 ohms resistance. So, everything checks out good to go. It just overheats
jrnutpaul Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 10:28:21 AM(UTC)

I just reread all the post in this thread....When I check the thermister I get an infinity read...you indicated it should read 10,000 ohms. Could this be why it overheats now that I've replaced the burnt wire? Do I need a new thermister?
jrnutpaul Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 9:55:23 AM(UTC)

Oh...No short indicated from coil
jrnutpaul Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 9:51:09 AM(UTC)

The coil reads as it did when I first checked it 12.3
jrnutpaul Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 9:47:22 AM(UTC)

OK I'll do that next. The thermister is open, both hi-limit switches read 4.0 and both thermal fuses read 4.0
denman Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 9:38:46 AM(UTC)

Yes it should be closed at room temperature.

Unplug the unit and check your heating coil.
it is a good idea to disconnect at least one side of it just to be sure that you do not read an alternate/parallel circuit.
it should be around 8 to 12 ohms.
Then check from each heater connector to the case/frame both should be infinite ohms (open)
If not the coil is grounded and should be replaced.

Next would be to check the thermistor resistance.
jrnutpaul Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 8:23:09 AM(UTC)

Yesterday, working with Denman, I found the problem with the dryer (MDE6800AYQ) It was a burnt wire from the hi limit switch to the heater coil insulator. So, today I did a load. The dryer temperature was too hot. Maybe there's a reason the wire burnt. I checked the ohms across the hi-limit switch with my meter set at 200 and got a reading of 4.0, the same reading I get when I short the meter leads. Is the hi-limit switch supposed to be closed?:rolleyes:
denman Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 2:46:08 AM(UTC)

You are welcome.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
jrnutpaul Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:05:15 AM(UTC)

thanks for the help...burnt wire from the high limit to the coil insulator. Runs fine now