Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 4:13:30 AM(UTC)

I am not fully acquainted with this model but I have seen this problem from time to time on other models. An item you should check is the temp thermostat. Replace it and evaluate. This thermostat is on the burner tube and is a 2 connector type device. It is easy to access and not very expensive.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 4:45:01 PM(UTC)

Ihave a whirlpool duet same thing checked fuse and thermister ignites flame comes on for 20 seconds then off 3 or 4 mins same thing tried it with hose off no change.flame is smaller than usuaull.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 4:43:43 PM(UTC)

Ihave a whirlpool duet same thing checked fuse and thermister ignites flame comes on for 20 seconds then off 3 or 4 mins same thing tried it with hose off no change.flame is smaller than usuaull.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:21:44 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it. The conclusion you made about vent cleaning is absolutely right. Unfortunately most of people do not pay attention to it.

Gene.
jmrec100 Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:44:09 AM(UTC)

Got the vent cleared. I was really surprised how much junk could be in there. When I was running just the drain snake up the stack and reached the clog, it was coiling up and making a u turn and springing back out the duct. Since I could not climb on the roof due to a tile roof, I came up with a solution of buying a simple 10 foot RV garden hose and ran the drain snake thru the hose and then up the stack. This kept the snake straight and was able to grab the lint and pull it down.
Worked beautifully. Now with it cleared, I was able to run a 10 ft long vent dryer brush up and get the rest along the duct sides. A cheap means of doing it. Now every 4 to 6 months, I'll run the long bottle brush type made for cleaning these stacks to keep it clear.
Thanks for the help.
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:09:08 PM(UTC)

The best solution in such situation is to hire a pro in vent cleaning because they have some special equipment to better handle it. Such service usually cost about $100 and it's worth that money.

Gene.
jmcom111 Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:37:09 PM(UTC)

Had to use another ID because this one won't let me on either. Same jmrec100 and japp111.
I ran a whole bunch of times at Low, med and high with vent hose only, no vent attached and then the vent hose completely hooked up. When I connected the vent hose to the outside vent, the times went really long, especially on low. So something is plugged up. Suspect a bird's nest? Or clogged lint or maybe an animal? I hope not. I'm going to run a drain snake up the vent and see if I hook some junk. I had used a refrigerator brush before and reach up about 4 feet and it was clear. So I thought it was clear to the top. Guess not. It's a tile roof so I can't stand on it. I'll climb up a ladder as far as I can to see if I can see if something went over the outlet. Then I'll access it thru the attic and cut a hole or cut open the vent pipe and run a brush up and down it. Bought a 4" connector for ducting and will use it with duct tape to seal it back up. I'll post what I find.
Gene Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:30:55 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: japp111 Go to Quoted Post

...NO VENT HOSE CONNECTION - START COLD DRYER,
Hot plate on 0
Flame ignite 24 sec
Flame off 4:40 mins

Hot Plate starts 5:48 mins
Flame turns back on 6:00 mins about 12 secs between Hot Plate start & ignite
Flame Off 7:44

Hot Plate on 8:44
Flame on 8:51 approx 7 secs to ignite flame
Flame off 10:27

Hot Plate on 11:26
Flame on: 11:34
Flame off 13:05...

These timings are perfect and it shows there is something wrong with the hose and the vent. Try to run a load with no vent hose connected.

Gene.
japp111 Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:23:23 AM(UTC)

The numbers. I used my phone stop timer from zero start.
Ran at high temp setting. 1st set with no vent hose connected, but a cold start dryer.
High Temp Setting

NO VENT HOSE CONNECTION - START COLD DRYER,
Hot plate on 0
Flame ignite 24 sec
Flame off 4:40 mins

Hot Plate starts 5:48 mins
Flame turns back on 6:00 mins about 12 secs between Hot Plate start & ignite
Flame Off 7:44

Hot Plate on 8:44
Flame on 8:51 approx 7 secs to ignite flame
Flame off 10:27

Hot Plate on 11:26
Flame on: 11:34
Flame off 13:05

========================

With VENT fully connected, Warmed up Dryer

Hot Plate start 0
Flame ignite 24 secs
Flame off 1:17 min

Hot Plate starts 2:45
Flame turns back on 2:56
Flame Off 3:25

Hot Plate on 4:56
Flame on 5:04
Flame off 5:31

Hot Plate on 7:06
Flame on: 7:15
Flame off 7:41

==========================================

With VENT Hose on Dryer but not connected to wall stack, Warmed up Dryer

Hot Plate start 0
Flame ignite 14 secs
Flame off 1:06 min

Hot Plate starts 1:52
Flame turns back on 2:02
Flame Off 2:46

Hot Plate on 3:35
Flame on 3:45
Flame off 4:29

Hot Plate on 5:18
Flame on: 5:28
Flame off 6:14

Hot Plate on 7:07
Flame on: 7:15
Flame off 7:58
japp111 Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:57:11 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene, I'm back with the same problem. Couldn't log into the site to post for some reason. Keep getting an error 20 or something and the help guys really didn't have an answer. Created this account. A continuation of jmrec100. Anyway, here goes.
Been living with LONG drying times. Requires 3 cycles of a setting of 70 each to dry pants. used to take at most one cycle. But I have to fix it. Last time, I found a broken Flame sensor. Replaced that and it is operating the flame now.
But takes forever to dry. I have taken the dryer vent chutes apart, checked the vent hose, the stack (Ran a brush up the stack and its clear) and it still takes forever to dry. I took some numbers and times for the flame on and off at the high dry setting. I will post it shortly. Putting it together in a readable fashion.
I am going to run a very long wire up to the roof where the stack is and check even further. As a last resort, I may cut open the stack in the attic to be sure. Can't access it on a tile roof.