Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:58:10 PM(UTC)

Hi.

I don't thing there are more problems that open thermal fuse.
You should read continuity between large contacts of the cycling thermostat. To read the heating coil resistance set your meter to 10 Kohm.

Post the results.

Simon.
ValpoMan Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:34:11 PM(UTC)

Replaced the coils 2 years ago...working great since..last week wife mentioned that the dryer is not producing any heat...checked the peep hole and see no light at all....

Took the back off of the dryer and checked the Thermal Fuse with the meter....shows OPEN....so that is one part I ordered today....after reading on here that it suggested that the cycle thermostat is replaced at the same time I also ordered that part from the AppliancePartsPros....while I am waiting for the parts I cleaned the dryer out...also took the time to clean the pipe leading to outside...very dirty....believe that may have been the cause of my problem...

Question...I just took out the cycle thermostat and tested it for continuity...I do get numbers when touching the top and bottom contact on the thermostat....I get a OPEN when touching the left and right contact....does this mean the thermostat is in fact bad?

Also if I replace these parts and it still doesn't produce heat what should the next thing I look at?

MANY THANKS!

ValpoMan