Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
LesterS Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:20:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Appliance Spy Go to Quoted Post
Check to see if there's tension on the drum by turning it manually. If not, you have a bad belt. If there is tension, I'm going to assume it's not starting because you're not getting power to the unit. Test the wall for voltage.

there is no power to the start switch, how could the motor/belt/drum turn? yes, the wall has voltage. maybe I'm not getting it, but sounds like you haven't read my post details?
Appliance Spy Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:22:18 PM(UTC)

Check to see if there's tension on the drum by turning it manually. If not, you have a bad belt. If there is tension, I'm going to assume it's not starting because you're not getting power to the unit. Test the wall for voltage.
LesterS Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:13:02 PM(UTC)

none of the 3 leads to the start switch are hot, this 3 terminal spring loaded switch (#685067) shows continuity at appropriate terminals in both positions. door switch also tests good for continuity. the thermal fuse (#690198) seems to usually show continuity, but a bit "fussy". what else should I check for?