Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 3:45:29 AM(UTC)

Yes it does need to be hooked up. I have a few go bad on me, where the customer called me up the next day. But, I would replace the high limit thermostat that comes with it. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
trbandy Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 1:17:40 PM(UTC)

Installed new thermal cut-off but did not install new thermostat because instructions were unclear about wiring. First load dried just fine, but the new thermal cut-off must have gone out on second load because dryer quit drying again. Bypassed thermal cut-off and dryer works fine, wonder what happened that thermal cut-off went out on second load. Do you have to replace thermostat each time you replace thermal cut-off or are there other problems I need to look for?
Vent is clear.
Lent screen is clean.
Dryer heats fine with old thermostat and thermal cut-off bypassed, but my understanding is that it is a safety feature and it needs to be hooked up right. Any help would be truly appreciated!