Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:21:07 PM(UTC)

Great, thanks for posting that. It will be helpful for a lot of folks.
qtlee Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 9:38:51 AM(UTC)

Turn out my particular model of the Maytag dryer was either manufactured by Whirlpool or used the same parts. I look up instruction on different sites and the belt diagram all showed that you should do the flat side againts the tumbler. Well, it was not the case for this model. I almost gave up after 4 hours of struggling to get the belt on the tension wheel and wheel at the end of the motor, I remembered that when I ordered the belt, it said the part was manufactured by Whirlpool. So I looked up directions for changing a Whirlpool dryer belt and sure enough, the diagram looked more similar to my Maytag dryer.
Anyway, for this model, the ribbed side of the belt needs to be facing the tumbler. The tracked marked by the old belt confirmed this. Then you just zigzag the belt onto the 2 wheels. See attachment.
Below is a link to a youtube video that helped me.
When done correctly, this was a 15 minute job. So hopefully, if you have the same model as mine, you won't be struggling so much with it as I did.
YouTube - 27" Dryer Belt Replacement (part #661570)