Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:11:44 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mbeszka Go to Quoted Post
I will check it this evening. However, I already checked resistance across the ignitor, and measured 50. Could the part still be bad.....????

MB,

Yes, it could still have a hair line crack, and have resistance through the igniter, when cool, but when it starts to heat up the crack will expand, and loose the continuity, and not glow. It's a bit more technical than that,
this is the short version.

Check the wires for loose fits, and check for a "white spot" on the igniter, that will indicate where the crack is.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
mbeszka Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:38:53 AM(UTC)

I will check it this evening. However, I already checked resistance across the ignitor, and measured 50. Could the part still be bad.....????
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:56:40 AM(UTC)

No, the ignitor does not glow at all now. It only worked the first time I plugged it in.

MB,

Are you sure you did not damage the new igniter when you were installing it ?

Remove it and check for a "white" spot on the carborundum(black) part of the igniter, that would be a good indication of a cracked / not broken igniter, and you'll need to replace it again.

Check your Radiant / Flame Sensor, the black box on the side of the burner box, it should have a "closed" circuit across the terminals, when cool.

If the sensor is bad, the igniter won't glow.

Check these two components, I'm thinking you'll find your problem there.

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
mbeszka Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:14:55 AM(UTC)

No, the ignitor does not glow at all now. It only worked the first time I plugged it in.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:12:38 AM(UTC)

Gas dryer had no heat last week. I installed a new ignitor and turned the dryer on. Everything worked just fine. I finished putting the dryer back together, and decided to show my wife that it worked. To my surprise, no heat again.

I have 120 volts running to both the gas valve and the ignitor. Checked continuity on the ignitor and two sensors on the burner tube. All three are okay. Any suggestions?

Seems strange that a new ignitor would work once and then the whole system quits.

Any suggestions....please????

MB,

Does the new igniter still cycle on and off ?

If so,

You most likely have, a bad set of gas valve coils :

Part number: AP3094251
Part number: AP3094251

Based on your information.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
mbeszka Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:51:23 AM(UTC)

Gas dryer had no heat last week. I installed a new ignitor and turned the dryer on. Everything worked just fine. I finished putting the dryer back together, and decided to show my wife that it worked. To my surprise, no heat again.

I have 120 volts running to both the gas valve and the ignitor. Checked continuity on the ignitor and two sensors on the burner tube. All three are okay. Any suggestions?

Seems strange that a new ignitor would work once and then the whole system quits.

Any suggestions....please????