Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 4:05:16 AM(UTC)

I would also check that the drum rotates by hand fairly easily, could be excessive drag on the motor is causing it to overheat.
You may want to try this on a couple other units to get a feel for it.

Also does it shut down if you run it just on air fluff (no heat)?
The reason I ask is I just had a person whose unit had a bad seal at the blower housing and it was blowing hot air back at the motor causing it to overheat.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:39:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: llano339 Go to Quoted Post
runs fine for about 10 min then turns off and wont allow restarting for 1 hr

That sounds like the motor is getting hot, and shutting off on heat overload. Try running it by taking off the vent hose at the wall and leaving the vent hose attached to the dryer, and put a panty hose around the end of the vent hose that goes on the wall, so you can catch the lint. If it works fin e, then you either have a clogged vent to the outside, or there could be a big build-up of lint inside the dryer. So if you pop the top up, and take the front off, down below is the vent housing, that is where that dryer builds up lint. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
llano339 Posted: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:57:46 PM(UTC)

runs fine for about 10 min then turns off and wont allow restarting for 1 hr