Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2010 12:21:25 PM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG MDE5500AYW Dryer - Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual
http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16023110.pdf

Could be a number of things.
1. The heater may be sagging once it gets hot and touching the case, blowing the breaker.
2. You may have a wire that is shorting to the frame once in a while.
3. Could be a bad connection at the receptacle or the unit's terminal strip.
4. The breaker may be tripping prematurely.

On the first three you will have to open it up and check for signs of overheating or telltale weld/scorch marks.

The last one is the easiest but there is no way to check it unless you can get hold of a clamp on amp-meter so you can check the units current draw.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Go49ers1 Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2010 10:22:46 AM(UTC)

3 weeks ago dryer wouldn't turn on. Light inside was on but nothing else. Replaced control panel and also checked other parts inside but still wouldn't work. Finally, someone told me to reset circuit breaker to see if that works, it did(light inside was on so I didn't think that was the problem). Returned new control panel and put the original one back on and everything was fine, or so I thought. Now on occasion the circuit breaker still trips, now for the last 7 years this has never happened with this dryer, what could be the issue?