Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:14:54 PM(UTC)

The first thing you may want to do before go further is measure the voltage at the wall outlet.

While the motor needs only 120 VAC to run, the heating element needs 240 VAC.

Gene.
hrose Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:39:34 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: hrose Go to Quoted Post
Good Evening
HELP!!!!!!
I am not sure about the age of this dryer. It does not heat, when attempting to dry a load of clothes. I have not checked for lint at the inside spot shown on the diagram. If I check for llint and its turns out that lint is not the problem. Could someone suggest what I should check next.
When I set the drying cycle and push the start button, the drum turns but the dryer does not heat up to dry the clothes. Could the problem possibly be the heat element? I would very much appreciate any help that could be provided.
Thanks so much for any and all replys.
hrose:confused: ;) :o

Good Morning Gene,

First of all, I would like to Thank you for your reply, I certainly appreciate anything that you can tell me about this dryer problem.

I tried setting the dryer cycle twice, on two different cycles. Setting and restarting it twice and I let in run for a few minutes and there was no heat. The dryer had been setting unused for awhile could that be a problem? I have not checked the area for lint inside, that was suggested should be checked. The dryer is plugged in to a 220 outlet that our former dryer was plugged into. I will be able to check the lint problem this evening. Do you have any other suggestions as to what this problem might be?

Thank you again,
hrose
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:21:13 PM(UTC)

Does it heat a bit or it does not heat at all?

Make sure there is 240 VAC to the dryer.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LER4634PT0 29" Electric Dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
hrose Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:45:56 PM(UTC)

Good Evening
HELP!!!!!!
I am not sure about the age of this dryer. It does not heat, when attempting to dry a load of clothes. I have not checked for lint at the inside spot shown on the diagram. If I check for llint and its turns out that lint is not the problem. Could someone suggest what I should check next.
When I set the drying cycle and push the start button, the drum turns but the dryer does not heat up to dry the clothes. Could the problem possibly be the heat element? I would very much appreciate any help that could be provided.
Thanks so much for any and all replys.
hrose:confused: ;) :o