Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
swimoldbum Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:39:26 AM(UTC)

Ok - Thank you. I checked the thermostats and they read 0 ohms. Based on your suggestion I will re-grease the rear bearing with Hi-temp grease. Thank you for your help.
swimoldbum Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:38:21 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE GLER642AS3 Frigidaire/dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...df/Webster/134067000.pdf

The heating element in my Frigidaire dryer broke and grounded out. The dryer still tumbles. I am replacing the element - are there other components that might have gotten damaged that should be replaced as well?
Cannot say.
I would check the thermostats, all should be 0 ohms.
Most likely would be the thermal limiter on the heater Item F36 in Section 1.
If you have it ripped apart you may as well check the rear bearing, belt, front glides etc for wear.
If the rear bearing is OK, I would still clean and re-grease it. Using a hi temperature grease.

Also a good time to give the interior a good cleaning including the blower wheel.
I would also clean/check the vent system.

Ok - Thank you. I checked the thermostats and they read 0 ohms. Based on your suggestion I will re-grease the rear bearing with Hi-temp grease. Thank you for your help.
swimoldbum Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:34:17 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE GLER642AS3 Frigidaire/dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...df/Webster/134067000.pdf

The heating element in my Frigidaire dryer broke and grounded out. The dryer still tumbles. I am replacing the element - are there other components that might have gotten damaged that should be replaced as well?
Cannot say.
If you have it ripped apart you may as well check the rear bearing, belt, front glides etc for wear.
If the rear bearing is OK, I would still clean and re-grease it. Using a hi temperature grease.

Also a good time to give the interior a good cleaning including the blower wheel.

Ok - Thank you. I checked the thermostats and they all read 0 ohms. Based on you suggestion I will clean and re-grease the rear bearing with Hi temp grease.
denman Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:57:40 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts

http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Webster/134067000.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]The heating element in my Frigidaire dryer broke and grounded out. The dryer still tumbles. I am replacing the element - are there other components that might have gotten damaged that should be replaced as well?[/COLOR]
Cannot say.

THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
swimoldbum Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:46:47 AM(UTC)