Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:42:16 PM(UTC)

Your problem, or at least one of your problems is that you are not getting 120v to one side of the terminal block. Since I do not have a wiring diagram for your model I cannot say which power source it is, but it is probably the one that powers the light and then the control.

You need to determine why you are not getting 120v on one side at the connection block. Since you do have it at the outlet, it is probably a bad power cord or bad connection at the connection block. Start with a new power cord and see if you get power to the bad side.
jrex7 Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:11:03 PM(UTC)

I am back. I ckecked the outlet and I have readings of 120v on one side and 124v on the other side.

I checked readings on the connection block and found that If I check voltage between the two sides I have 150v, if I check between neutral and one side I have 120v but when I check between neutral and the other side I don't get a reading (actually the reading is something like .025)

I tried your suggestion of pushing the door switch and turning the drum while pressing the start button but that had no effect. -- I will go over all the checks again, voltage to timer and will test the thermal switch and the start switch. How do I test the start switch?
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 4:35:47 PM(UTC)

Do the other things that were suggested also, and if you still cannot find the problem I would replace the push to start switch
jrex7 Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 2:53:29 PM(UTC)

Here is the model number: 110.60812990
I did check the voltage at the outlet and at the rear of the dryer -- I will check again and post my findings.
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:44:49 AM(UTC)

Without a model number I can only give you a generic answer.

Check to make sure you have 120v going to each side of the connection block and the neutral. (sounds like you do but check anyway). Have someone push in the door switch and try to turn the drum while you press the start button.

If you have checked all of your thermal devices, particularly the thermal fuse then you probably have a timer issue or a push to start issue. Check to see if 120v is going to the timer. and check the push to start switch.
jrex7 Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:54:00 AM(UTC)

My Kenmore Series 80 Dryer stopped working all of a sudden. There is absolutely no power and there are no noises at all. If I open the front loader door the light wont work. (I checked the bult to make sure it was ok -- the bulb is good)
I have checked power source -- everythink ok
Checked the door switch, bypassed the switch -- still no power.
There is power going to the coil and to the motor, but the dryer will not turn on. Every component tested with continuity ckecks out ok.
Please help!