Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
gabe_1981 Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 5:40:18 PM(UTC)

Sounds good ... keep me posted on your progress
Danske Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 5:32:43 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gabe 1981, I will replace both. I already checked the element it is not touching housing, and not any significant lint build up. I cleaned everything very good a month ago.
gabe_1981 Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 5:04:40 PM(UTC)

You should replace both thermal cut-off and high limit thermostat ... They come in a kit together when you purchace the thermal cut-off ... While your in there also check your heating element to make the element its self is not grounded to any metal housing ... Also make sure your lint shute and blower wheel are clear of any obstructions to insure the thermal cut-off does not pop again.
Danske Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:19:41 PM(UTC)

My dryer is not heating. I had this problem a month ago and found the "high limit thermostat" PN 3390291 opened so I replaced it and fixed the problem. Today we have no heat again and "high limit thermostat is reading continuity. Thermal cutoff PN 3399848 is open, jumping the leads together on thermal cutoff I get heat. Any suggestions, should I replace both any other parts?

Thanks