Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:17:44 AM(UTC)

the drum can be rotated easily counterclockwise, but it is very hard to turn it clockwise;
The question is what is the normal direction of the drum. Check it in that direction. If it is hard to turn track down what is causing/jamming the drum.

Check the motor for bearing slop and give it a spin to see if it rotates freely.
heck that there is nothing in the blower wheel.

shuts-off after a few minutes and cannot immediately be restarted. Any thoughts?

Your motor is overheating for some reason.
Could be the motor is toast as gabe_1981 said
Could be that there is too much load on the motor.
Could be that the motor is packed full of lint.

If it needs a motor I would also check all other moving parts, front supports, drum seals etc., best to do a bit of an overhaul on the unit. This will give you a total cost and then you can then decide if it is worth putting that many dollars into the unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
gabe_1981 Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 10:31:55 AM(UTC)

I believe its safe to say the motor is bad and needs to be replaced ... I have seen this same problem many times before and a new motor will have that dryer back up and running properly.
talbot Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 9:37:55 AM(UTC)

The machine works, but shuts off after a few minutes. The setting makes no difference; the dryer hums when the start button is pushed; the drum can be rotated eaily counterclockwise, but it is very hard to turn it clockwise; the belt is not broken, but it is starting to fray; once started, it gets noisier then shuts-off after a few minutes and cannot immediately be restarted. Any thoughts?