Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:28:28 AM(UTC)

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
gthoman Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:20:53 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the late reply....It was a bad timer, I replaced it and the dryer started working.....Thanks for all the help...
Gene Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:34:38 AM(UTC)

Sorry, I can not understand what is the "plastic piece".

If you can post a couple of timer pictures, it will help me to see what is going on with the timer.

Gene.
gthoman Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:24:07 PM(UTC)

Yes...I understand you were talking about the letter marks..But as I showed in the previous thread there are 2 wires that connect above the "W" and both seemed to be related to the "W". At the bottom right on the timer there is a "T". Directly above the "T" there is a terminal that does not have a wire going into it, and directly above that is an opening of this plastic piece that also does not contain a wire.....So, does this mean the "T" is already removed or is it the other two wires above that??....Hope this makes sense.......

Thanks...

Gene
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:10:29 PM(UTC)

I did not mean the color of the wires. All timer terminals should have a letter marks as shown on the timer picture on the wiring diagram sheet.

So we are talking about two timer terminals, marked "T" & "W".

Gene.
gthoman Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:29:38 PM(UTC)

OK...sorry....on the right hand side on the timer there are 4 wires looks like this
_ wire(white)
wire(white,going into plastic piece)
W _
wire(tan)
wire(tan, going into plastic piece)
opening of plastic piece(no wire)
connector for wire(but nothing attached)
T

So it seems T already doesn't have anything attached....but maybe I'm reading it wrong...Also I tried to pull the top wire(white) and the plastic piece would not let it come all the way out....I was afraid to pull this off....Does it just come off??......Thanks again for all the help......
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:04:52 PM(UTC)

I'm afraid you did not get me right.

You had to remove the "T" or "W" wires before the continuity test.

Gene.
gthoman Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:59:13 AM(UTC)

Well, pulled the V wire and turned the timer on and checked for continuity across the "T" & "W" timer and it beeped...So, I guess there is continuity.......It came down to the time I needed to order the part so it would be here tomorrow, so I ordered the timer.....I hope thats what it is....I posted on other forums also and all have come back saying it is most likely the timer...But after this test..does that prove the timer is ok??

Thanks......

Gene
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:27:48 AM(UTC)

Sounds like the timer is gone dead.

Check for continuity across the "T" & "W" timer terminals when the timer is in "on" position and at least one of wires removed from any of these terminals. If it's open - replace the timer.

- The part number for the timer is AP2976318

Gene.
gthoman Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:02:07 AM(UTC)

Checked the door switch by opening pressing in the button and light went out and I could hear the timer come on.....

Checked the start relay r1 and ground with the door closed and received 123.1V

The other two, are a little over my head, not really sure how to check these.....Do I need to pull out the lint chute to get to the motor, would there be marking for the 4m and 5m?

Sorry....I'm a newbie at electric diagrams....and fixing dryers...

Thanks again for all your help......

Gene