Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
swagner Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:52:00 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I don't normally work on gas appliances but from what you say the coils are likely to be the problem. Search the posts on this Forum for discussions on gas coils and how to replace them on your machine.

Good luck.

But in my case, the flame may stay on for five minutes. It will try to come on a little later but I get only a glow - no flame. Would bad coils cause this to happen in this way?:confused:
juancar92236 Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:14:51 PM(UTC)

check coils for ohms also is a small pice call flame sensor it should have continuity
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:48:34 AM(UTC)

I don't normally work on gas appliances but from what you say the coils are likely to be the problem. Search the posts on this Forum for discussions on gas coils and how to replace them on your machine.

Good luck.
popwatson Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:02:53 PM(UTC)

I replaced the thermal fuse and the flame only comes on for about 5 secs. I cleaned the vent and made sure that there is no blockage. Could it be the 2 gas coils and where are they located?