Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
horseflesh Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 10:02:28 AM(UTC)

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. I have exactly the same problem with the same model right now... "Lights on right side of panel (options) work, lights on left side (cycles) and Start buttons do not work."

Were you able to resolve this?
denman Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 2:39:17 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Maytag MDB7749AWM2 / - AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet. It is too big to attach on this site so I had to use a third party site. Un-check the use our download manager and then use the gray download button, otherwise the site may install software on your computer that you do not want.
Download MDB7749.pdf

Sounds like it is probably a control panel problem.
You could check it's output with a meter to confirm this.
You will notice that there is a common wire/line for several keys. This may help you narrow it down.

Carefully inspect the ribbon cable for cracks across a track. A magnifying glass helps here.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
tommies1 Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:03:58 PM(UTC)

My 18 month old Maytag stopped working. Lights on right side of panel (options) work, lights on left side (cycles) and Start buttons do not work. I replaced the control board (W10298356) and door switch with no change. Left lights still out and washer will not start. Any ideas?