Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:35:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: normfm Go to Quoted Post
I have a maytag dishwasher model#mdb7609awb2 when I try to start it it doesen't come on. I press the digital display and the lighted panel shows that it is working but when I enter the start button it will not light up or start.maybe it has to be reset but I don't know how to reset it.

Norm,
Sorry, but no there is no "reset" program or device on your dishwasher.

You'll need to start by Checking the keyad operation, You most likely have a faulty "start" keypad,

Part number: AP4434653
Part number: AP4434653

Since everything else programs and works.
You'll find the tech data information sheet attached to frame or the backside on the kickplate assembly, That will allow you to test and verify the operation of the dishwasher.

Thanks and Good Luck,
normfm Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 11:33:06 AM(UTC)

I have a maytag dishwasher model#mdb7609awb2 when I try to start it it doesen't come on. I press the digital display and the lighted panel shows that it is working but when I enter the start button it will not light up or start.maybe it has to be reset but I don't know how to reset it.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 5:21:45 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: k5wls Go to Quoted Post
Final Report: After confirming that the front keypad was bad (using the test information on the data sheet) I ordered a new Control Panel from Appliance Parts Pros. I placed the order on a Saturday night and was told it would ship on Monday.

I received the part on Wednesday (with standard shipping), the dishwasher was working about an hour later, and my wife was smiling again. Remember guys, if mama ain't happy - ain't nobody happy!

Thanks again for the help.

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the update.

Great Job.

We're glad everybody is happy.

Good Luck,
:D :D :D
k5wls Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 8:24:55 PM(UTC)

Final Report: After confirming that the front keypad was bad (using the test information on the data sheet) I ordered a new Control Panel from Appliance Parts Pros. I placed the order on a Saturday night and was told it would ship on Monday.

I received the part on Wednesday (with standard shipping), the dishwasher was working about an hour later, and my wife was smiling again. Remember guys, if mama ain't happy - ain't nobody happy!

Thanks again for the help.

Rick
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:08:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: nbees1 Go to Quoted Post
Joe, Thanks for your assistance I've replaced the control panel the unit is now operational.

Nbees,

Great, glad you're up and running.

Thanks for the update. It was my pleasure to help, and you did all the work.

Thanks,

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
nbees1 Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:04:39 AM(UTC)

Joe, Thanks for your assistance I've replaced the control panel the unit is now operational.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 5:13:41 AM(UTC)

Joe, Thanks you for the quick reply. I found the data sheet, I was able to test the door latch with the door closed. I was also able to test the control board by disconnecting the ribbbon cable from the key pad, then restore power the unit started the drain cycle. The LEDS on the key pad passed the test with the sevice diag. test. I tried the keyswitch resistance testing without success, even on a known good key/button would not measure any resistance. I thought I read somewhere that this tesy may not be valid for all keypads? Any ideas?
Thanks again

Nbees,

Yes, testing key pad ribbons can be a pain, and are not very reliable. A lot of people, don't test them anymore.

In general, with the information you supplied in your post, repalce the control panel/keypad assembly,

Part number: AP4456942
Part number: AP4456942

It's the most likely problem, at this point.

Good Luck,
nbees1 Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:57:41 AM(UTC)

Joe, Thanks you for the quick reply. I found the data sheet, I was able to test the door latch with the door closed. I was also able to test the control board by disconnecting the ribbbon cable from the key pad, then restore power the unit started the drain cycle. The LEDS on the key pad passed the test with the sevice diag. test. I tried the keyswitch resistance testing without success, even on a known good key/button would not measure any resistance. I thought I read somewhere that this tesy may not be valid for all keypads? Any ideas?
Thanks again
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 2:32:59 PM(UTC)

I have a similar problem with my Maytag MDB7809AWQ2. How were you able to test the <Start/Cancel> and the <Delay> buttons on the front of the unit? Thankyou in advance

Nbees,

You'll need to remove the lower access panel and kickplate from the front of the dishwasher. and search for the Tech Data Sheet, it's in a plastic envelope attached to the backside of the panel.

You'll turn the power off to the dishwasher, open the door and remove the screws across the top and the upper two(2) screws on the side of the inner door panel.
(you can also remove all the screws on the inner panel and remove the door outer panel and control panel, if you'd feel better).
You then disconnect the Keypad ribbon connector from the Printed circuit control board connector.

Using a multimeter,

Part number: AP3873826
Part number: AP3873826

and the data sheet, you will put the probes across the two(2) reccomended pins of the ribbon, press the appropriate button on the panel, and check for the proper resistance specified by the data sheet.

Improper, or no resistance would indicate a bad button/key pad,when pressed.

If the unit is "dead" no display, start, etc. you can also check the door switches and wiring, while you have the door apart.

Here's some meter usage information if you need it

http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

Good Luck,
nbees1 Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 11:52:52 AM(UTC)

I have a similar problem with my Maytag MDB7809AWQ2. How were you able to test the <Start/Cancel> and the <Delay> buttons on the front of the unit? Thankyou in advance