Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 2:27:51 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for GE GSD4000J00BB Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

Paste sounds like a timer problem.

The way it is supposed to work is that the solenoid is activated (pulled down) for only a couple seconds. The water pressure then holds it down (drain position) until the unit is empty and then the sprigs return it to the wash (up) position.

If the solenoid is powered for too long it will overheat and start to melt the plastic in the solenoid.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Curt Brennan Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:38:58 AM(UTC)

I have a GE Nautilus Dishwasher and have been having the same problem over and over again in the past year. The machine is not draining...... I've had to replace the drain Solenoid unit 3 different times in the past year. The replaced solenoids look like they're getting hot because there is always a black "goo" that melts around the plunger and so the plunger won't slide in and out any longer. Also the white plastic lever the plunger pushes against (where it touches) is slightly melting each time also and I replace that each time also. What else do I need to check and/or replace so I don't need to do this project anymore? Something is CAUSING this unit to malfunction. This is definitely NOT my favorite thing to have to do.