Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brandinspector Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:56:37 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info. Part received quickly and the problem was fixed when installed!
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:21:30 PM(UTC)

Yes, your touch panel is bad and will need to be replaced.
brandinspector Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:12:41 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Appliance Ninja Go to Quoted Post
I believe the touch panel is going to need to be replaced. Turn the breaker off or unplug the dishwasher and use a hair dryer to heat the touch pad buttons up until very warm. Rub over each button very firmly several times as you heat them up. Does the behavior change after power is restored, any changes at all?

The correct panel is available below.

Whirlpool W10083093 Panel-Cntl - AppliancePartsPros.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Qj8XOPdr4

A video of what I saw after powering back on.

When powered back up after heating buttons, Machine started running for about 3 minutes. The Cancel light was lit up in addition to the flashing normal wash light that I started with.

I killed the power again after it quit to see what would happen upon restart and the flashing normal wash was the only one that came back on.

Still thinking the same thing?
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:36:41 AM(UTC)

I believe the touch panel is going to need to be replaced. Turn the breaker off or unplug the dishwasher and use a hair dryer to heat the touch pad buttons up until very warm. Rub over each button very firmly several times as you heat them up. Does the behavior change after power is restored, any changes at all?

The correct panel is available below.

Whirlpool W10083093 Panel-Cntl - AppliancePartsPros.com
brandinspector Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:29:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: brandinspector Go to Quoted Post
There really is no way to count pauses the way it is flashing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKh99-VNnzo
A quick video of the flashing. Can see that flashing speeds up after I hold the Cancel button.

Thank you.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:07:35 AM(UTC)

It sounds like you have a faulty touch pad assembly. Let's try something. Turn the breaker off or unplug the dishwasher and use a hair dryer to heat the touch pad buttons up until very warm. Rub over each button very firmly several times as you heat them up. Does the behavior change after power is restored, any changes at all?
brandinspector Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:00:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: brandinspector Go to Quoted Post
The light has been flashing steady for over a month. I would call it a slow flash. If I hold the cancel button, it flashes faster.

There really is no way to count pauses the way it is flashing.
brandinspector Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:57:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Appliance Ninja Go to Quoted Post
Is the light flashing fast or slow? Can you count the number of flashes between pauses, please?

The light has been flashing steady for over a month. I would call it a slow flash. If I hold the cancel button, it flashes faster.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:44:39 AM(UTC)

Is the light flashing fast or slow? Can you count the number of flashes between pauses, please?
brandinspector Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:00:42 AM(UTC)

Does anybody have any thoughts on how to repair my wife's dishwasher?

The Normal Wash red light flashes constantly and no other buttons are functional. Can't seem to figure out how to reset/reboot the thing. Was working fine prior.

Thanks.