Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TechnicianBrian Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 2:35:28 PM(UTC)

Hey Steve,

Sounds like a motor to me, but you may want to take the top of the pump housing off first to ensure nothing is stuck inside that could make the noise. If all looks good, then yup, time to replace it. The replacement is pretty simple to do yourself too.

Brian
bigmoney1 Posted: Sunday, November 9, 2008 3:59:04 PM(UTC)

Brian,
I have a loud noise like howling and it is getting worse. I have a kenmore elite Model 665 16463300, would your advise be the same I have suspected the pump for a month or so. I miss the nice quiet dishwasher I purchased, and it drive my kids crazy.

Thanks
Steve C
TechnicianBrian Posted: Saturday, November 1, 2008 5:20:05 AM(UTC)

Glad I could help.
greendl Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:43:21 PM(UTC)

Thanks TechnicianBrian. With your help I replace the pump in my Kenmore model. Along the way I also found the directions the tech left behind when the pump was replaced due to a recall. Hopefully this third pump in 4 years will last longer. I was even able to do it without removing it from the cabinet.
TechnicianBrian Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2008 5:03:59 AM(UTC)

Hey Paul,

The keeper is the part of the pump that gets pushed in to remove the pump. If you look at photo #2, my thumb is pressing in the keeper. As for the deflector, it sits above the pump and is held in once the pump is reinstalled. The deflector is missing on my photos because they are hard to get installed properly after service so some techs tend to get rid of them. Hope this helps.
paul cummings Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:12:01 AM(UTC)

"The pump has a keeper in the upper left corner when you look at it"

Brian, what does the keeper look like that holds the pump in? Os it it part of the pump housing that gets pushed in. I am doing this same repair.
My pump also has a deflector that goes on it somehwere but cannot remember exactly how it goes? Can you help with that? Thanks

paul
TechnicianBrian Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 6:06:33 AM(UTC)

There are two kinds of drain pumps, one with a fixed o-ring and one with a floating o-ring and they work the same, but one is easier to install than the other. If yours hasn't leaked, you did good when you replaced it and it should be fine
jszczypien Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:31:26 PM(UTC)

I've got a quick question in reference to your #3 pic. When i pulled my drain pump to swap it over to the new sump assy, i noticed that it was seperatated under the o-ring. Is that normal or should it just be one piece with the o-ring? It has not leaked yet.
jszczypien Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:23:49 PM(UTC)

Hey i want to thank both of you for your discussion on this topic and brian for the pics... I had the same problem, i laughed when i read sleach's description of the noise b/c i told my wife last week it sounded like a 747 engine in the kitchen before reading this post. The biggest issue i had with this install was ensuring that the assy was seated properly...i had to have my wife push down from the top while i re-installed the clips, also, be careful about that little plastic washer under the wash arm, it might come flying out when you move the wash tube to the side. Thanks Again, ZIP.
sleach1 Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:36:24 PM(UTC)

I went ahead and pulled the unit out. If I had done this two or three times I may attempt it under the cabinet and the worst part was getting it out and putting it back under. Thanks for the photos and your help. The washer is much quieter now, the arms my not be as smooth as when new, but at least its not like a plane getting ready for takeoff out of the kitchen.:)