Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:15:27 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is there a way I can check a fill valve or take apart the old one to see if it really was faulty?[/COLOR]
Not really. The odds would be very slim against having 2 fill valves give the exact same problem.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The only other thing I can think of, with my limited knowledge is regarding the timing for the fill valve. Is there a designated amount of time for the fill valve to function and could this time be retarded in some way?
If so, how do I check it? Is there another timing check I can perform that maybe can measure the timing of other functions?[/COLOR]
I do not have any info on what the timing should be on this unit.
GE likes to keep all tech info a secret.
I was able to find that a GE Profile unit fills for 90 seconds.
Also that a GE Potscubber fills for 60 to 42 seconds depending on cycle type.
I cannot find any info on a Triton and the above times just vary too much.

The fill time is controlled by the Control Module (Item 905 in Section 1) but I am reluctant to recommend you replace this without some indication that your fill time is too short.

You may want to start a new thread outlining what you have does so far and what questions you have.
With luck someone else will jump in with the needed info or more/better ideas of where your problem could be.

When it is busy on the forum other regular posters just do not have time to check all posts and often if they see another regular has answered they do not check the post.
So a new thread should get you some new input.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
BikerWoman Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:46:23 AM(UTC)

Denman,

I too am at a loss. I checked the pressure in the fill hose and it has great with the valve slightly open but tremendous pressure with the valve all the way open (the way it is when dishwasher is installed).

Obviously, the new fill valve is suspect. Is there a way I can check a fill valve or take apart the old one to see if it really was faulty? The only other thing I can think of, with my limited knowledge is regarding the timing for the fill valve. Is there a designated amount of time for the fill valve to function and could this time be retarded in some way? If so, how do I check it? Is there another timing check I can perform that maybe can measure the timing of other functions?

Please give my any feedback you may have. This problem is frustrating and I would like to get rid of my old dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) who's only problem was age.

Thank you again for your assistance, it is GREATLY appreciated!!
BikerWoman
denman Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 1:28:09 PM(UTC)

I am at a bit of a loss.

Your symptoms point to a low fill but the new fill valve did nothing.

I would undo the fill hose at the fill valve and run it into a pail just to be sure there is not a plumbing problem.
Perhaps with the shut off valve.

There should be loads of pressure from the fill hose.
BikerWoman Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 7:13:22 AM(UTC)

Well I don't understand, :mad: I replaced the fill valve along with the fill hose but still the soap will still not empty from the dispenser without my adding a quart of water to the dishwasher while running. The dispenser door opens, but soap remains. I previously cleaned the pump and associated structures.

The fill valve was new -- NOW :confused: what do I do?

Thanks for the help -- I am my wits end!!
Bikerwoman
BikerWoman Posted: Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:08:37 AM(UTC)

Thanks,

I will do that as long as you believe the growling noise is not anything major -- as I do not want to invest in the fill valve if I am going to trash the whole thing.

You're help is GREATLY Appreciated -- more than you will ever know.
Bikerwoman
denman Posted: Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:41:12 AM(UTC)

I would replace the fill valve and see what happens with the growling.

it is hard for me to help wothout actually being there to hear the noise and where it is coming from.
BikerWoman Posted: Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:05:55 AM(UTC)

Thanks again Denman,

I have successfully added water just after the fill cycle and it has taken care of the extra soap remaining in the dispenser problem hence you diagnosed the fill valve as faulty correctly -- to which I am very grateful.

Cleaning the pump and associated structures has done well to remove LOTS of debris however, I still have the 'growling' noise. Any idea where to look next? Running the dishwasher without the silverware container made no difference and I cannot seem to ascertain where the noise is coming from. Could it be in the door or somewhere else?

Thanks for all the expert help - you have saved me considerable money and helped me with my DIY project.

Bikerwoman
denman Posted: Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:49:24 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="DarkRed"] I also have yet to replace the fill valve.[/COLOR]
If adding water to the unit does nothing then I would not replace the water valve as it will not do anything.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
the previous owners did not have the silverware holder and I am using the one from my old machine -- any thought about this being a problem?[/COLOR]
I doubt it but give it a try without the silverware holder in the unit.
BikerWoman Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:06:47 AM(UTC)

Well Denman,

I finally got around to cleaning the pump and associated parts -- YUCK!! There was old soap, string, hair, soft plastic (like saran wrap), the plastic devices that hold tags onto clothing and glass in the areas cleaned -- that was a terrific idea.

However, I still have the growling noise and it does not appear to have changed. I cannot ascertain from exactly where it is coming from. I did zip-tie down the middle spray are -- but it didn't help. Everything associated with the pump and filters was tightened down appropriately, any ideas on where to proceed to next for eliminating the growling noise?

I still have the old dishwasher (GE Pot Scrubber) and do not want to give it away until I make sure this one is sound. I also have yet to replace the fill valve. And I need to replace the two forward most stud rollers on the upper rack as the rack comes out of place every so often when pulled out all the way.

One more question -- the previous owners did not have the silverware holder and I am using the one from my old machine -- any thought about this being a problem?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!
Bikerwoman
BikerWoman Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:25:30 AM(UTC)

Thanks again Denman -- I'll do those things and let you know how it turns out.

Again, I cannot thank you enough!!!!!
L