Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 2:05:55 PM(UTC)

If it's not the resistor, then what else could it be?
It is a the heater inside the wax motor, re: melts the wax.

What does the Q1 mean?
Q1 is a triac. It is a solid state device that passes current when activated.
Basically a solid state relay.

Does that represent a component on the control board?
Yes
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
hcover7 Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 1:40:30 PM(UTC)

Hi, I looked at the diagram at the web site you gave me, http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208066008.pdf. There is a wiring diagram on page 1. I don't know how to read it. On the left there is a symbol Q1 that feeds to P2-3, then O-BK, then a zig zag that says 600-1800, then feeds to the the dual wax motor to trigger the soap dispenser

I guess this means that there is an orange and black wire that passes through a resistor that varies from 600 to 1800 ohms. If the resistor is open, perhaps the current never gets to the wax motor.

If it's not the resistor, then what else could it be? What does the Q1 mean? Does that represent a component on the control board?

Thanks alot,
Herb
denman Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:54:47 AM(UTC)

You may be reading an alternate/parallel circuit path.

Always a good idea to disconnect the device when reading ohms to eliminate the possibility of the above.
hcover7 Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:10:49 AM(UTC)

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I believe that I did read the meter incorrectly. When I have it set at RX 10K, I get a reading of 2.8. It doesn't matter which 2 of the 3 prongs I touch.

The links you specified look like they may help. It appears that the item P2-3 in the wiring diagram could be a suspect. I have a lot to learn, but I'll pursue this.

Thanks again,
Herb
denman Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:44:20 PM(UTC)

http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208066008.pdf

The above is the tech sheet for a CGB0 or CGB1

This may also help
https://secured.whirlpoo...510938/$FILE/4322430.pdf

I think you were looking at the dual wax motor.
Could it be that you did not use a high enough meter scale so it read as an open.
Seems strange that both motors would fail at the same time.
hcover7 Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:37:19 PM(UTC)

I have a GU940SCGB Whirlpool dishwasher. The soap dispenser does not "pop" during a wash cycle. The plastic actuator works fine, has all springs etc.

It has a wax motor, #AP3044293, which has 3 prongs. Can I test this for continuity? I tried, but got no continuity, figured this was my problem. I bought a new wax motor, and tested this for continuity. Got nothing. Went ahead and replaced old wax motor, still have the same problem. Could my new wax motor be defective?

I understand that the timer governs the wax motor. Can you tell me what parts, if any, might be bad on the control board?