Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TomHe  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:28:33 PM(UTC)
TomHe

Groups: Registered

Sears Kenmore 417.48102701 washing machine. Problem started as no spin cycle, then no rinse cyle (washed 3 times to rinse it), then no wash but spin ok if set to spin only cycle. Now nothing works (lights all on properly, but it just hums when it should be doing something). Door locked light is on properly. I think the mechanicals are ok, looks like an electronics problem. Washing machine is only 1.5 years old (just out of warranty, of course!).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TomHe  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 12:52:50 PM(UTC)
TomHe

Groups: Registered

I tried it again. Currently the spin cycle works if set to spin only. Wash and rinse/spin still don't work. Considering that it will spin I think that eliminates the door latch switch as being the problem. My current guess is a bad control board, especially considering that the problem seems to keep changing. Can anyone confirm this or have other ideas of what the problem is? I'm not an expert, but the control board and door latch switch seem to be the two main electronic components in this washer, and the evidence looks like an electronics problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply