Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
determinedmom  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 5:53:22 AM(UTC)
determinedmom

Groups: Registered

My GE front load washer can do gymnastics! The boot seal came half out (I've never worked on this little thing as it is only 13 months old). An average load of clothes were in one big twist with the spring clamp sitting inside the washer. Need a new boot seal. NOTE: Giving birth vs. replacing the boot seal? Child birth is easier & I've done that three times!!! Seal is in and fitted. Clamp with screw secured. Front spring clamp reattached too but seems very lose. (questioned this piece with part's place and they assured me it was fine). Put "humpty dumpty" all back together. Started a rinse n spin cycle. Fills no leaks. spins....crap, the flow is pretty steady underneath washer. Any ideas? I thought paying a small fortune for a washer was a sure bet- NOT SO MUCH. Any and all advise on what else may be causing MY NEW PROBLEM is greatly appreciated. Sure wish I would have bought the extented warrenty. UGH!!
Thanks,
DeterminedMom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 4:21:01 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I always suspected that replacing the boot on th is model was worse than childbirth, but being a male I needed someone like yourself to confirm it.

I can only reference the repair manual for a similar model for you and advise you to check for leaks with the seal, pump and hoses.

Good luck.

http://appliancejunk.com/ge/washer/31-9135.pdf
determinedmom  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 5:13:55 PM(UTC)
determinedmom

Groups: Registered

Well, like chid birth, I thought I was ready to tackle this.
I actually found something very close to the manual that you sent me before I even started, but thank you!!
As much as this is killing me (sniff,sniff) and if no other suggestions come in (tear, tear)....for the first time in over 20 years, I'm going to have to call a repair man. :( and or drag it's 13 month old little frame to the drive way and run it over/ sell it for scrap metal!!! :) Stupid front loader:eek:
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 5:30:26 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Whenever I (and most but not all others in the business) are asked for recommendations I say stay away from a front loader and buy a basic top loader with mechanical control and no electronics.

Unfortunately you are Exhibit A for why I say that.

Hope you can get it fixed inexpensively and that it works great forever.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply