Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alinosa  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 5:16:29 PM(UTC)
alinosa

Groups: Registered

Hi, lately my washer has begun to not completely spin our clothes. It doesn't do this every time. Also when re-selecting a rinse cycle it sometimes works correctly and sometimes does not. I'm 98% sure it behaves like this whether the extra rinse is turned on or not. I've tried searching for my washer's model number as well as it's model name, but got no luck. It's a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washer, model number LSQ9549LW0. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Allen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:14:54 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The most likely problem with spin on a direct drive washer like you have is the clutch. This is the part

Part number: AP3094537
Part number: AP3094537

and this is a site that will explain how to replace it.

Clutch Replacement on Whirlpool and Kenmore Washers
craigh  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 9:37:08 AM(UTC)
craigh

I have a faulty spin cycle as well. All indications were that it was the clutch. I have successfully changed that and the problem continues. The timer will run the complete cycle on normal wash. The tub drains, but clothes are still wet. When running the machine empty it seems to have no problem gettting up to full spin. If the timer is reset to spin it seems to then run OK?? Can this be a timer issue? This is a Whirlpool LTE5243DQ4 washer dryer combo. Is the spin cycle the only step that is prevented by the door safety, and if so could it be as simple as this not working properly? The door switch is functioning by the finger test. - Help, thanks.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 1:25:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigh Go to Quoted Post
I have a faulty spin cycle as well. All indications were that it was the clutch. I have successfully changed that and the problem continues. The timer will run the complete cycle on normal wash. The tub drains, but clothes are still wet. When running the machine empty it seems to have no problem gettting up to full spin. If the timer is reset to spin it seems to then run OK?? Can this be a timer issue? This is a Whirlpool LTE5243DQ4 washer dryer combo. Is the spin cycle the only step that is prevented by the door safety, and if so could it be as simple as this not working properly? The door switch is functioning by the finger test. - Help, thanks.

If it does drain then there is nothing wrong with the lid switch.

The transmission in your washer has a neutral stop what means - it has to be stopped by a timer for a few seconds during spin cycle in order to engage the actual spin. If it does not do it, the timer has to be replaced.

You have to watch it during the drain with a load. After it was draining for 3 minutes open and close the lid. If it will spin, replace the timer.

- The washer timer Part number: AP2947146
craigh  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 2:00:54 PM(UTC)
craigh

Gene - Thanks, I will give that a try and see if that triggers the spin. I will line up the timer as this seems to be the culprit.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 2:16:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
daveag  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:43:51 AM(UTC)
daveag

I have a whrilpool washer model # lsq9549lw0 it will not spin and it doesn't even agitate.This washer does cycle and drains fine is this also the clutch? It will make "noise" like it really wants to agitate and spin.
alinosa  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:59:58 AM(UTC)
alinosa

Wow, thanks for the replies. I posted here and didn't have the problem for a while so didn't think to come back and today, it happens again and this time there's a wierd smell to accompnay the lack of spin. we re-tried a couple of times and it's DEFINITELY not spinning the clothers any more. going to order and replace the clutch per the first response. Thanks!
richappy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:48:31 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For alinosa, you might have something jamed in the tub or bad brake shoes, the smell is an overheating clutch slipping under a heavy load. Pull apart and try to move the tranny coupler clockwise, If hard to turn, that confirms it.
alinosa  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:42:10 PM(UTC)
alinosa

Well, parts have been replaced and the tub spins. Only now I have a loud scraping sound when switching from wash to rinse. What have I done wrong? Everything seems to function correctly; I used the correct spring from the kit, I replaced the plastic part (not sure what it is), along with the retainer clip etc, all properly (as best as I can determine anyways). Allthe functions of the washer seem to be working properly, there's just a loud sound between wash and rinse.

This site is great and to all that have helped THANK YOU!! I would probably be peying a lot of money to someone if I hadn't stumbled across this site.

So, after my description, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply