Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pureroundcircle  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 12:07:14 PM(UTC)
pureroundcircle

Groups: Registered

The problem started out as spin cycle not working at all. I could see a sock stuck between the inner and outer drum. The sock was very stuck so I had to remove the inner drum, so i'm also certain there isn't anything else under it. I took it apart and got the sock out. After re-assembly all seemed to go well on my tests of the spin cycle, but when I ran a load of clothes in it, the motor overloads on spin cycle now. It will run a cycle without clothes,but with clothes it overloads. It does start to spin (3-5 seconds and maybe up to 3/4 full speed) and i can hear the start capacitor kicking in and out a few times and then it overloads.

I have not taken the belt off the drive shaft yet, but the drum shaft and drum seem somewhat hard to turn, but i'm not sure how much resistance they should give. I guess I shoudl also say, there is no drum noise, no leakage, no signs of past leakage inside, which is why i'm not inclined to think the bearing is ba, but what do i know? Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:02:59 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would check if the tub top is hitting the spin basket top.
pureroundcircle  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 12:10:16 PM(UTC)
pureroundcircle

Groups: Registered

Did a little more looking at it. Its not touching the basket top.

I tried turning the shaft and belt from the bottom by hand and it seemed very smooth and easy to turn. But the motor still overloads on spin cycle with clothes in it. Is there supposed to be some clutching, or belt slip or something when the spin cycle starts? It seems like the spin cycle tried to start at full speed and the motor overloads. I check the motor carriage, and it slides on the track and the springs seem to be in good shape.

Paul
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:37:56 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It seems you either have burnt windings in the motor, or timer contacts going bad,or both. I would remove the timer cover if possible, and check for burnt contacts. Also,check the motor windings to see if they look burnt. You might need an amprobe to check things.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply