Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MyGE  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:42:58 PM(UTC)
MyGE

Groups: Registered

GE Profile (2006) When you attempt to run a wash cycle, the machine is out of sequence (should fill then agitate etc) it will go straight to wash etc. There are two buttons when pressed allow you to manually run the machine in each mode (agitate high, low, fill, rinse etc) This all works fine. Service guy felt it is the control panel being that manually it work. He wanted to charge me 375 plus labor to install. I ordered the control panel for 105 plus shipping. Your thoughts on difficult this is to change and his diagnosis. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:48:23 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

What your saying is when you push start, it will start agitating, but fill with no water?
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:54:37 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Do this, take the front panel off the washer, there are 2 spring clips to take it off. Looking at the machine from the front, about 3-4 inches from the end of the panel inward, slide a putty knife between the lid and front panel to release the clips holding the front panel. Now, you will see a small clear hose on the left side of the basket connected to the airdome, remove the hose by pulling it up. Notice if the end looks brownish in color. get a razorblade and cut off the end of the hose about 1 1/2 inches,also get something small enough to fit down the nipple on the tub to clear it of any clog that might be there, and reattach. restart washer and see what happens.
MyGE  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2008 3:00:36 PM(UTC)
MyGE

Replaced the Control panel as diagnosed by a "tech" and washer still wont run properly. Latest it filled, agitated and drained but didnt rinse and spin.
abadfish66  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:11:51 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Did you perform what I described above, also are you getting both cold and hot water filling the washer?
MyGE  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2008 7:31:32 AM(UTC)
MyGE

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Did you perform what I described above, also are you getting both cold and hot water filling the washer?

There was brownish stuff clogging this clear tube as it was entering a square plastic thing mounted to the side of the tank. I cleaned/cleared both. Still same problem. What about the other end of this tube?
GTNCT  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:30:51 PM(UTC)
GTNCT

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Do this, take the front panel off the washer, there are 2 spring clips to take it off. Looking at the machine from the front, about 3-4 inches from the end of the panel inward, slide a putty knife between the lid and front panel to release the clips holding the front panel. Now, you will see a small clear hose on the left side of the basket connected to the airdome, remove the hose by pulling it up. Notice if the end looks brownish in color. get a razorblade and cut off the end of the hose about 1 1/2 inches,also get something small enough to fit down the nipple on the tub to clear it of any clog that might be there, and reattach. restart washer and see what happens.
THANK YOU!! Used your advice for my GE Profile and it worked.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply