Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
idrinkalone  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:05:42 PM(UTC)
idrinkalone

Groups: Registered

My washing machine won't spin unless i lift up the lid and then close it again, then it will work? When I do this the machine makes a loud click sound like it was stuck?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 3:27:20 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The tranny will stay in neutral till the timer interrupts power briefly during spin. If the timer will not do that, you need a new timer.
jhonster  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:09:18 PM(UTC)
jhonster

Groups: Registered

I have the same problem. If I hear the machine stop agitating and then go to tub drain/spin cycle, I hear the pump draining the tub....but it won't spin unless I open and reclose the lid. There is a pause between the agitation cycle and the tub drain/spin cycle, so does that mean my timer is cutting the power? I'm just not sure if replacing the timer would be the total fix for my scenario. Anyway to verify this?

I've been an automotive mechanic for 35 years, so electrical and mechanic equipment isn't an issue for me. So please don't be shy in explaining something technically to me.

Thanks in advance for any help. Its much appreciated. I already replaced the clutch assembly and now the machine doesn't have the loud "clack" noise when the tub does actually spin in the latter spin cycle.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 12:57:30 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Watch the washer when it goes into spin. If the timer never pauses power during this time, you have a bad timer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply