Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
1967hammer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:33:03 PM(UTC)
1967hammer

Groups: Registered

My washer (8 months old) was leaking in the utility room. Not a flood, but water was running across the floor. Both hose connections and drain line were dry. Water appeared to be coming from the bottom of the unit. I took it outside and put it on the porch. I tried to remove the back panel (to see what I could see) but I was unable to get it loose at the top. I hooked up water supply (to both hot & cold) with two garden hoses, plugged it in and ran three loads. I thought I might be able to peek thru an opening in the back and spot the leak. However, the leak has now vanished. Now I'm afraid to put it back in the utility room. Any ideas???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

1967hammer  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:11:59 AM(UTC)
1967hammer

Groups: Registered

Mystery leak came back again. Sears repairman came out and seemed stuck on the idea that the drain line (inside my wall) was occasionally backing up and that was causing the flooding. When I insisted that if that were the case, the wall or the back of the washer would have to be wet (and there has never been any sign of water there) he moved to a different theory. He said that if the tub was off center (tilted toward the front after a spin cycle) then the water inlet would "miss the tub" and pour water down the back of the tub. Does this seem credible? My question is how can the tub be that far misaligned so that the water does not even hit the tub? Any help would be appreciated as this is driving my wife crazy.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply