Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
res0vjvm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:06:13 PM(UTC)
res0vjvm

Groups: Registered

hi i am having a hard time finding the bearing and seal kit for my mah55oobww maytag neptune it recently started screeming only in max extract .. i pulled off the back cover and found rust stain running down the back of outer tub to the inside bottom of the washer cabinet .it did not leak enough to run on to the floor but apparently enough to rust the bearing.i need a part number for this fix with everything included(bearing,bushings,seals,etc.) i also noticed a little play if you go from the front and lift the inner tub slightly is this just the bearing or is there some other stableizer in the front side
thanks joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:14:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Go in the search box and enter my article "replacing Neptune bearings". Should have all the info you need to do the job.
res0vjvm  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:42:47 PM(UTC)
res0vjvm

hi i went to your post and saw model mah 3000 and mah4000,but i have an mah5500bww front load maytag neptune will the bearings and seal work with this model and if so you said autoparts store i was thinking that would be a good place to go myself !!are the number cross referanced to a particular brand of auto bearings and do you think discount auto parts/advanced auto would have them or autozone?
thank you for your info sofar
joe
NeptuneHelp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:14:10 PM(UTC)
NeptuneHelp

Originally Posted by: res0vjvm Go to Quoted Post
hi i went to your post and saw model mah 3000 and mah4000,but i have an mah5500bww front load maytag neptune will the bearings and seal work with this model and if so you said autoparts store i was thinking that would be a good place to go myself !!are the number cross referanced to a particular brand of auto bearings and do you think discount auto parts/advanced auto would have them or autozone?
thank you for your info sofar
joe

Hello,

Check out Neptune Bearing for more info on replacing your Maytag Neptune bearings. The 12002022 seal kit fits all of the solid door panel Neptunes including the stackers. You can also rent a special Neptune bearing tool kit as well.

When you have the Neptunes with the windowed door panel they use a different tub setup more like the Kenmore Elite HE3. See Elite Bearing for those Neptunes.

Looking on the bright side... Since you have the MAH5500B you don't have to worry about the faulty door latch wax motor. However, the MAH5500A's have the faulty door latch wax motor. See Neptune Help Song for more wax motor info.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 12:46:41 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you can get the bearings out without breaking them, an auto parts store can mike them to verify an exact replacement will fit. If you are a good mechanic, you should be able to put them in without too much trouble. Bearing install is really a small part of the total job.
Big thing is if your bearing races are heat fused to the basket shaft. If so, you will need a new spider support assembly.
res0vjvm  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 5:58:00 AM(UTC)
res0vjvm

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
If you can get the bearings out without breaking them, an auto parts store can mike them to verify an exact replacement will fit. If you are a good mechanic, you should be able to put them in without too much trouble. Bearing install is really a small part of the total job.
Big thing is if your bearing races are heat fused to the basket shaft. If so, you will need a new spider support assembly.

thanks for you quick response i havent try to take it apart yet but i did take the wheel off that the belt rides on and it came off with ease being that its plastic of sorts i imagine that it didn't get to hot we had the washer in our bathroom so the first time it made noise we stopped using it and bought a new maytag 3000 series with the see thru door during the big government rebate sale last month i am trying to fix this for my daugther so she can have a nice machine as a gift from myself.i am no mechanic by trade but because im not rich and at age 46 i have repaired my share of autos with many bearing problem included along the way including some that were fused to the spindle not fun but got the job done even on the side fo the road with a min.amount of tools noless so i will take it apart and go from there
thanks again for you help so far
joe
sarasota
florida
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply