Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerry_db  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:06:10 PM(UTC)
jerry_db

Groups: Registered

Grinding sound on final rinse, tracking it down to the pump. I check the hoses and opened it up and all looks clean. Put it back and same problem.

A new pump (PS2342445) is about $80-100. But wanted to try and fix before I buy.:)

I've two questions... 1. could there be lint or junk around the impeller? (It seems to rotate ok, but not too smoothly) if so can you open up the grey plastic part of the pump and extract and clean the impeller (I can't seem to up the impeller on of the chamber and not keen on forcing it).

2. Does there need to be some liquid in the impeller chamber to help lubricate it? would there be a problem if the pump was running dry? could that be what the second inlet on the tub-to-pump hose be for?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:40:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jerry_db Go to Quoted Post
...1. could there be lint or junk around the impeller? (It seems to rotate ok, but not too smoothly) if so can you open up the grey plastic part of the pump and extract and clean the impeller (I can't seem to up the impeller on of the chamber and not keen on forcing it)...

...2. Does there need to be some liquid in the impeller chamber to help lubricate it? would there be a problem if the pump was running dry? could that be what the second inlet on the tub-to-pump hose be for?...

1. Yes, it could. I'm not sure if you can take it apart but you can carefully try to do it.

2. No, there is no any lubrication needed.

- The drain pump Part number: AP4359940
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply