Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pull Up Now!  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:09:41 PM(UTC)
Pull Up Now!

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have a question. Hope I reached the correct email address.

On my Neptune, when I energize the door lock wax motor (120v 60hz), the black plunger extends outward normally, but the far end doesn't quite reach far enough to actuate the microswitch. The schematic id's that switch as operating the door lock light.

Is the light all it does? Or does the failure of this switch to close also cause the logic board to take further action, such as shutting down the spin cycle? Our symptom is sometimes the drum doesn't drain fully. Not all the time, just sometimes. The microswitch is very close to "making", so I could see it working sometimes, and sometimes not. Just don't know if the logic board JUST turns on the light, or does it do more than that.

Also, I have the 35w pump motor. I'm seriously thinking of ordering the 80w pump just to make sure that's not the problem. No, the pump isn't clogged at all. Already took that apart. And the washer isn't in a basement, so the wall drain is only about 36" high. Not too much of a rise.

Thanks,
Rick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.